Monday, December 19, 2011

Nathans Christmas Program and more....

So, once again, I have failed to keep up this blog....I take majority of the pics with my phone since I have it with me most of the time, but fail to upload and blog about it....hence the multi subject blog posts I do....sorry!!

Friday, Nathan had his preschool Christmas program. Isnt that crazy that he is old enough to have one of those? Anyhow, my son was the one on stage yawning, standing there looking like the "deer caught in headlights", playing with his shirt, and waving/laughing at all of us looking at him, hehe!! It was quite funny and we loved every minute of it. Several of the kids were singing and dancing just like they were taught. It was a great night and a great program that the children put on for us all. Nathan added "humor" to the program LOL!!



Saturday and Sunday we mainly relaxed, ran errands, baked and more. I have pics from our "gingerbread cookie" making, but of course, that was taken with the actual camera, which is downstairs, and the pics havent made it on the computer yet. Bare with me, they will make it on here soon! 


I have been given the "okay" to write and post this next picture and summary and I am so excited. Let me give you some background and go from there.

Since I was younger, I have always wanted to sew, crochet, knit, etc. I am a beginner sewer.....I cross my fingers and hope it turns out good, I am AWFUL at crocheting (my grandma and mom both have tried teaching me and it ends with me getting up and removing myself from the teaching lesson out of frustration from not learning, hehe), knitting....well I never tried it since I cant handle crocheting! Anyhow, back on subject I go. Early in our marriage, my parents came to visit Josh and I in Illinois. While there, I really wanted to learn to crochet. Since I have absolutely no patience for it, yet had all the yarn, my mom sat down with Josh and taught him how. He was willing to learn since he thought he could show me how to do it later. Nope, never worked out. However, he became really good at it and made a HUGE blanket for his first attempt. When I say huge, I mean GIGANTIC.....KING SIZE DOESNT EVEN COME CLOSE TO IT!!!! After he finished the guiness world record for blanket size, he moved on to blankets for the kids. Lindsey has a cute pink one, Caleb has a cute camouflage one, and Nathan is getting a neat multi colored brown one (Nathan had several blankets made for him when he was a baby, so Josh started with the other kids, and is now making a big one for Nathan since he needs a blanket bigger then baby size now). Anyhow, Josh's current project is Nathan's blanket and so far, it looks great. Nathan is all excited and its neat to see the progress on it. I have to give SO MUCH credit to Josh for being able to do that. I have no patience or desire for it anymore, but its amazing that he can do that!! What an amazing guy huh?? Anyhow, I did get his permission before writing this and was even allowed to take a pic of him starting Nathans blanket. Way to go Josh!! Daddy of the year for sure and an awesome memory/keepsake that the kiddos will have from you!!! Love you!


2 comments:

  1. I love this!! Way to go, Josh!! What a great gift of love! And Nathan was adorable to watch...I loved all the waves we got!! <3 haha He did awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. okay this is super cute that josh makes them blankets! i love it.

    ReplyDelete